Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Look What I Got!

Imagine my surprise today when I ran into Lovegoods Fibers to tell Mummy and Daddy that I'd received the name of my swap mate and they told me they were taking me shopping. We went to Ollivander's and look what I got!


Wood type: ebony
Length: 11½ inches
Core: Kelpie Hair

get your own wand!




Yes, I got a new wand. Isn't it totally gorgeous! Don't ask what happened to my old one! Let's just say that last year was definitely a learning experience.

UPDATE: I borrowed Olive Bladvak's new book and read about my wand. This is what is says:

Ebony is a fine-quality, rather costly dark wood that is hard and durable. It also carries a beautiful black luster when polished, radiating a certain air of cold-shouldered class and expensive taste. This wand-holder is usually rather stubborn and shuns outsiders, remaining rather secretive of their core being. They also tend to be natural born leaders, commanding respect even if grudgingly. Ebony is the most powerful wood used in wands, and can give teh user what may seem to be unlimited power.

Kelpie hair comes from the mane of a Kelpie, a water demon commonly found in Britton and Ireland, who often takes the shape of a horse. The most famous Kelpie is referred to by Muggles as the Loch Ness Monster. Kelpie's are adaptable creatures and thus the wand is a good core for most types of magic, but especially water magic.

Wow! What a wand!

No comments: