Saturday, January 5, 2008

Anxiously Awaiting Start of Term

Wow, the term hasn't even started and it's getting really crowded in Ravenclaw House. The noise coming from the owlery is ear shattering. There are so many first years running around. I'm not sure, but I think a few have gotten lost in the 142 staircases in Hogwarts. I'm afraid we're going to have more roommates than ever before. Our 4 poster beds are going to have to shrink if this keeps up! I haven't gotten to know any of the first years yet, but once we're all in and settled I hope I will. Some seem rather creative. I'm sure I can interest them in a trip or two on weekends to my family's shop in Diagon Alley where we've got some of the most marvelous magical fibers.

Our prefect thought it would be an opportunity to get to know each other by taking down the holiday decorations in the Common Room. It was also a chance for first years to try out their wands. There were Christmas balls crashing into walls, chairs, tables. It almost became a game of Quidditch and I think all 700 ways to commit a Quidditch foul were committed! In the end, the Common Room is now ready for the arrival of more students and the start of a new term.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Fleur. My name is Serafina, and I'm a new Ravenclaw. It's nice to meet you!

Fleur Lovegoods said...

Hello Serafina. I hope you'll like being in Ravenclaw. I know there are lots of students, but it's a great place to learn all the tricks!

Patonga Pinkstone said...

Hi Fleur - This is Patonga Pinkstone. I will be visiting your family's shop today I hope. If Mummee doesn't get too tired :)