Thursday, January 17, 2008

Charms Good and Bad

Bad: Did you see all the canaries flying around yesterday? Poor first years. It happens every year. All the older students think it is fun to torment all the lost confused new students. Last year I was offered a Ton-Tongue Toffee right before DADA and, wanting to be part of the in crowd, I ate one. It was so good that I gobbled it all. Almost immediately my tongue started to get bigger and bigger and BIGGER until it was 10 times its normal size! About that time Professor Snape walked into the room and stopped dead in his tracks and glared at me. Here was this small frightened first year with a gigantic tongue! Fortunately he knew how to shrink my tongue but after that I learned to be very careful who I accepted gifts from.

Good: I went to Weasley's Wizard Wheezes yesterday and guess what I found? A daydream charm! You just have to try them out. You get a super realistic 30 minute daydream. I missed the Ravenclaw Knitting Club last night because I was mixing potions with Professor Black! In my daydream we mixed a potion that would make our knitting bags expand and shrink to any size needed. (And you had other thoughts, didn't you?)

No comments: