Friday, February 22, 2008

Where Is Everyone?

It's so very quiet around the Ravenclaw Common Room. Is everyone ill or busy studying? (Oh, by the way, I have heard rumors that we should be intently studying our charms because there may be a quiz coming up!)

This morning I went for a long walk along Diagon Alley with an old friend. We stopped for butterbeer and a light lunch of fruit, cheese and sweet bread. We also stopped and bought shoes. Can you ever have too many shoes?? After we parted ways, I stopped at Lovegoods' Fabulous Fibers and picked up lots of yummy yarns that Mummy had waiting for me. Shhhh...don't tell!! I found some wonderful silky wool for my spoilee! Do you know how much yarn I have bought for my spoilee?! I just keep finding more and more that is "perfect". I guess I'll have to make the ultimate sacrifice and save some of it for myself. Don't you feel sorry for me? Or, maybe I should find another spoilee!

I also stopped off at a quilt store where I haven't been in ages. I could have spent all my earnings in there! But I actually honestly practiced some restaint and came away with just a couple things. I was grining and slapping myself on the back for getting away so inexpensively. (Then I remembered how much I spent on yarn!)

So now I'm back in my dorm room with my goodies spread out on my bed waiting for my friends. Oh! I forgot! I found peacock colored yarn for my next pair of socks. They will compliment nicely my bed curtains (and robes and bags and -- and -- and!)

1 comment:

Jade Bladvak said...

Everytime I get a chance to pop into the Common Room these days it's empty.
I got some peacock-ish colored yarn via owl a couple of days ago. I'm going to knit the Gathered Pullover from the winter IK with it.