Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Fleur Delacour


I love this assignment! Fleur Delacour is the person I'd most like to grow up to be. She is beautiful, intelligent, graceful and represents her school with honor. I think of her as wispy and almost ethereal.

Fleur Isabelle Delacour (Flower of the Court) is a student at Beauxbatons Academy in France. Her father, although unnamed, is described as being round and having a short black beard. Her mother, Apolline, is 1/2 Veela making Fleur 1/4 Veela. Fleur is, therefore, fully magical but not a pure-blood. Fleur and her sister Gabriella inherited their mother's silvery-blonde hair, pale eyes, good looks and ability to entrance men. Veelas are semi-human, semi-magical. Their dance is magically seductive to all males. However, when angry they transform into something more like Harpies ~ their faces turn into cruel-beaked bird heads and long scaly wings burst from their shoulders. They can launch fireballs from their hands.

Fleur's wand is 9-1/2" long, inflexible, and made of rosewood. It contains one of her Veela grandmother's hairs.

Fleur initially gave the impression of being aloof and unfriendly, but after she was rescued by Harry during the second task in the Triwizard Tournament, she became warmer toward Harry and Hogwarts. I can somewhat relate to Fleur in that respect. Since I am quite shy, I feel I sometimes give the initial impression of being aloof and unfriendly. However, once I become comfortable with my surroundings and the people surrounding me, I feel free to be myself...a friendly, compassionate person.

Fleur attended Beauxbatons (beautiful wands) Academy of Magic which is located in France. Beauxbatons is described as being a palace, not a castle, and it contains no suits of armour. While Hogwarts has a Great Hall, Beauxbatons has a Dining Chamber. Beauxbatons appears to be much more gentile and feminine than Hogwarts...an academy I would have loved to attend. I bet there are lots of peacock feathers and colors everywhere!

No comments: